Updated June 1, 2020
As per Governor Cuomo, dental offices can reopen for all procedures as of Monday, June 1st with strict safety precautions. Along with these enhanced precautions as set forth by the CDC and ADA, we are performing extra disinfection procedures to further enhance the safety and health of our patients and staff.
We are operating with minimal patients this week, June 1st, and will have a FULL reopening with all cleanings and regular dental procedures as of Monday, June 8th. If you have a regular appointment scheduled after June 8th, please watch for email and text reminders. If you are overdue for your cleanings or other procedures please either call the office or email us at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
For those of you who will be requiring emergency care, we have listed items below that are in place to protect our patients and staff. These infection control precautions will be in effect during the re-opening as we resume normal hours.
What are we doing to protect our patients and staff?
All patients will be screened when they enter the door:
- Have you been experiencing symptoms or been in close contact with someone who has
- Have you traveled overseas recently (especially Italy, China, South Korea)?
What routine procedures are done as part of everyday Infection Control – all year round?
- We routinely use Personal Protective equipment (glasses, masks, shields)
- We use high speed evacuation
- We autoclave all our instruments and all hand-pieces after use
- We thoroughly disinfect each room after each procedure
- Many other standard infection control protocols too numerous to list here
Enhanced measures being undertaken (as recommended by the American Dental Association):
- Proper spacing of patient appointments so that there are not too many patients in the reception area at one time
- Taking patients temperature upon entry into the office
- All Patients will rinse with hydrogen peroxide before every procedure
- We disinfect all non clinical public areas – bathroom, handles, front desk counter, water machine, etc. with Lysol at least 3 times per day.
Thank you for your continued confidence in the practice!
Dr Maniscalco and Staff