As per the recommendations from the New York State Dental Association the office will be closed to all routine dental care except EMERGENCIES. This will be in effect until April 6, 2020. Starting April 6th, we will attempt to return to our regular business hours. The current COVID-19 situation is fluid and as such our starting date for routine dental care may be pushed back further or adjusted according to Governmental and Dental Society recommendations. If you are experiencing a dental emergency please call the office and we will be returning calls daily.
For those of you who will be requiring emergency care, we have listed items below that are in place to protect our patients and staff. These infection control precautions will be in effect during the closure and after we resume normal hours.
What are we doing to protect our patients and staff?
- All patients will be screened when they enter the door:
- Have you been experiencing symptoms or been in close contact with someone who has
- Have you traveled overseas recently (especially Italy, China, South Korea)?
- What Routine Procedures are done as part of everyday Infection Control – all year round
- We routinely use Personal Protective equipment (glasses, masks, shields)
- We use high speed evacuation
- We autoclave all our instruments and all hand-pieces after use
- We thoroughly disinfect each room after each procedure
- Many other standard infection control protocols too numerous to list here
Enhanced measures being undertaken (as recommended by the American Dental Association):
- Proper spacing of patient appointments so that there are not too many patients in the reception area at one time
- Taking patients temperature upon entry into the office
- All Patients will rinse with hydrogen peroxide before every procedure
- We disinfect all non clinical public areas – bathroom, Handles, Front desk counter, water machine, etc. with Lysol at least 3 times per day.
Thank you for your continued confidence in the Practice!
Dr Maniscalco and Staff