Meet Dr. Joseph Maniscalco
Reviving the personal touch while embracing innovation
Dr. Joe Maniscalco is a licensed prosthodontist, a specialist in cosmetic, implant and reconstructive dentistry. But he also has wide experience as a family dentist, providing essential services such as fillings and regular maintenance.
Although traditional in our approach toward serving patients, our practice is up to the minute with technology and methodology. Dr. Maniscalco follows a better model in today’s medicine: He looks for the source of the problem, not just the symptoms. Our team presents a comprehensive solution that ensures the condition will not recur. This approach enabled Dr. Maniscalco to discover a pre-cancerous lesion in the mouth of one patient, most likely saving that patient from a serious health situation.
The tradition we do seek to preserve is the personal touch in patient care. Dr. Maniscalco is determined to revive a model of service that is going by the wayside. He believes listening to patients is as important as using the latest technology.
- New York University, College of Dentistry — Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Manhattan College — Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, Oregon — Prosthodontics Residency
- Fellowship at New York University — Surgical and Prosthetic Implant Dentistry
Faculty Appointments, Honors and Awards
- Columbia University of Dental Medicine — Assistant Clinical Professor of Dental Medicine, Section of Adult Dentistry and Division of Prosthodontics
- The Robert DiGolla Award for Excellence in Clinical Operative Dentistry
- The NYU College of Dentistry Alumni Association Award for Proficiency in Denture Prosthesis
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center Citation: Military Order of the Purple Heart — for exemplary care
Dr. Maniscalco is committed to professional development and regularly attends seminars and continuing education courses that keep him on top of the latest developments in the dental field. He shares his professional expertise by presenting at lectures and seminars. His extensive training and his 18 years as a practitioner position him to deliver broad and superior dental services ranging from basic cleanings to full mouth restoration. His reputation as an expert in prosthodontics and implant dentistry has attracted international patients from as far away as London.
Our practice benefits from a highly experienced, skilled professional support team. We stress the personal touch and your comfort at all times.
Our office manager, Liz, is the first to welcome you to our practice and to coordinate your treatment schedule. Regarding financial arrangements and insurance coverage, Liz is our resident expert. She loves interacting with all of our patients, whether they be new or old friends of Joseph Maniscalco, DDS.
Francine has more than two decades of experience in dental hygiene. Remainder of bio to be inserted
Deb is our Dental assistant – Bio to be inserted
Melanie is our Front Desk coordinator – Bio to be inserted